We’re Here to Answer All Your Roofing Questions
The roof of any structure plays a primary role in its protection from the elements. Most roofs are designed to last for several years, with some lasting as long as two decades or more. However, that doesn’t mean problems won’t arise along the way. Other factors, like storms and strong winds, can cause damage to your roof and will require repairs. Even harsh climates can cause your roof to wear out prematurely. At Heartland Roofing and Construction, we are the commercial and residential roofing experts in New Braunfels and Leander, TX. We are here to handle all your roofing problems and answer any questions you may have. We’ve compiled a list of the most common ones on this page to provide you with valuable information. Should you have additional questions, or you would like to contact us for service, please feel free to reach out.
What Causes Missing Shingles?
Numerous conditions can cause missing shingles on your roof, leaving your home vulnerable to the elements. Even a few missing shingles can allow precipitation to seep into your home, possibly damaging the structure of your roof and ceiling. If allowed to continue, the damage will spread, resulting in more expensive repairs in the future. The best way to prevent this from happening is to regularly inspect your roof for missing shingles and call a professional to fix them right away. Luckily, shingles can usually be replaced individually, which makes it an easy fix. The most common causes of missing shingles are:
- Improper fastening
- Exposure to high winds
- Fallen tree limbs and other roof debris
- Heavy rainfall
- Hail storms
Is Roof Damage Causing the Stains on My Ceiling?
If you have noticed stains or discoloration on your ceiling, water damage is likely the cause. However, tracking down the source of the water can be tricky. While roof damage may be the culprit, you may also have a leaking pipe that is dripping water on your ceiling. You may want to attempt to find the source of the water before calling us to take a look. However, we can also do a roof inspection for you, so you don’t have to worry about crawling around in your attic or trying to examine your roof on your own. The primary things you should look for if you have water spots on your ceiling include:
- Checking your attic or crawlspace and looking for leaks in the roof deck
- Checking around your chimney and vents and looking for any cracks in the flashing
- Checking the rafters for any leaks that travel away from the original source
- Checking your roof to see if there are any damaged or missing shingles
What Are the Different Types of Roofing Systems?
If you are preparing to replace your existing roof, you may be wondering what your replacement options are. There are numerous types of roofing systems to choose from, and our team can help you make the right choice based on both function and aesthetics. Some of the most popular roofing systems available today include:
- Composite Shingle: These are the most widely-used roofing material, especially for residential roofing, as they resist cracking, peeling, splitting, peeling, and warping. This type of roofing is usually made from a mixture of several materials, including fiberglass, recycled paper products, and asphalt.
- Tile: Tile roofing is a unique roofing material that brings a creative and stylish aesthetic to any home. This roofing system can last much longer than other options and can be made from a variety of materials, including slate, terra cotta, concrete, metal, or a combination of materials.
- Modified Bitumen: This roofing material is commonly used for flat commercial roofing. It is asphalt-based and provides property owners with a wide array of options, allowing them to customize the system to their unique needs.
- Single-Ply Thermoplastic Membranes: This type of roofing system is installed on the roof deck, and the seams are joined using a hot air welding technique that seals the roof and protects it from water damage.
- Built-Up Asphalt: This roofing system uses alternate layers of roofing felt and hot asphalt. The installation process begins with a base sheet, which is covered with a coat of hot asphalt and finished with a fiberglass cap sheet.
What Causes Damaged Flashing & Can It Be Repaired?
Damaged flashing is a major source of roofing problems, as it can allow water to leak into your home. Most often, this problem is caused by improper installation. However, over time drying and cracking can also cause damage to your flashing. Most often, damaged flashing can be repaired without replacing the entire roof.
Contact Us for Residential & Commercial Roofing Service
When you need roofing service at your residential or commercial property, there is only one team to call in New Braunfels and Leander, TX. Heartland Roofing and Construction is the local expert to handle all your roofing repairs and installation. Reach out today if you have additional questions, or if you would like to schedule an appointment at your location.